Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Happy February! February, what?!? Already?

As I type this, my embroidery machine is continuing on it's journey around the hem of 1694 era mans jacket.  Think "Dangerous Liasons".  The pattern is drafted from the book "Men's 17th & 18th Century Cotume, Cut & Fashion" by R.I. Davis.  (This is an excellent resource)  I have sized it to fit my good-son, Chris, who is this awesome young man who puts up with my silliness. :) 

So below you can see the design work.  This is my first major embroidery project with this machine and it's been a fairly good (vs bad) learning experience!  I am using a Husqvarna Viking Ruby Deluxe machine, fabric that was designed for furniture, and Sulky 100% Viscose 04/3 thread (I love this thread - very little issue with fraying or breaking).  Note: Use a light interlining when working on a running project - it will keep your fabric from warping. 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment