Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Another Venue

Ok - now that has nothing to do with the Revolution Series.... nope, it's the swing dance skirt and draping of the vest I am creating for my daughter, Katie.  The skirt is a drop yoke with both pleats and gathers set into the yoke with a back zipper. Found the fabric at Joann's - it's very shear and reminds me of India silk.  I have lined it with a black - swoo-ish!  
Waiting on cutting out the black vest of cotton velvet ~ trying to decide if we'll do embroidery on it ~ thinking cutout with maybe the same skirt fabric underneath or a matching solid.  I must consult the wearer!   

Other than this, I am extremely anxious to design the rest of the revolutionary series... I have enlisted 2 more friends to model... co-designer Erin and her husband, Andrew.... poor Andrew ~ what did we drag you into?!?   It's all good.  

That's it for tonight! Sleep well :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment