Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Dork - why didn't you read your Bible first this morning??

The whole concept of Rev. 2:1-7 hit home the last few days. The last few days II feel as if I have lost my lampstand. That I was wondered away from that first "blush" of new love and forgot what it was that meant so much. Remaining faithful to the truth of God by focusing on Christ has become muted so that I feel lost and empty. It is no wonder that the spark has grown dim. Rather feels like a vicous circle.... we forget, we move away from God's path and suddenly we find ourselves like Nicolaitans. Those who do not put God first. hmp. I have forgotten to keep my eyes on the Lord and not on myself.

It feels like there is this constant struggle inside my heart..... to stay on the path of God or to let it slide and things wouldn't be an issue. HA! Guess what. I feel more miserable than during the constant struggle!! Oxymoron or just a dork? Here's the inspirational part..... I have felt absolutely beside myself and miserable for 2 days. Figured out I need to revisit Rev. chpt 2......... God works in such amazing ways: the sidebar comments in my Devotional Bible "Good things take time before they are good.... Develop an attitude of trust, God can change situations, His name is Deliverer... One of the most often repeated commands in the Bible is to "wait on the Lord". Waiting on him "grows you up", it keeps your eyes off yourself and on Him; it gives you staying power...."

Is it going to be a good day? Yes it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment